Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Vietnam and its lessons

I have been reading a case study on Major Shoe Company in vietnam. Its an amazing read about how a global coalition of Non Profit organizations and volunteers helped bring a positive change on the company and three of its Vietnamese sub contractors. Almost a decade into globalization things have started to stabilize now and both the private companies and national governments through out the world have come to realize that utilizing cheap labor while ignoring the social issues will put everyone at peril.

This case study is effectively written by Prof Deepti Bhatnagar of IIMA. If get a chance get hold of this case study. A good read.

On the IIMA front my official GMAT score hasnt reached IIMA. I am little worried as I have already requested ETS twice to send my GMAT scores but in vain. So atlast I contacted Ahmedabad and spoke with a nice gentleman called Mr. Bose. He is taking up my cause with ETS..

Some thing very important happened over the last few days, Lenova a chinese company buying IBM's PC division. Its a watershed for Asian business community.

I will not be surprised if in the future an Indian IT giant buys a top US based technology service provider.

More trickles will fall..